These muffins are gluten-free, paleo friendly, moist, fluffy and high in healthy days and protein! Who doesn't love the sound of that. Check out what you need to make them and how below.
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1/2 cup Vanilla Chai Kombucha
1/3 cup almond milk
1 super ripe banana (mashed)
3 tsp maple syrup
Shredded coconut or nuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° and line 8 muffin tins with non-stick liners.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana with a fork until it is smooth and no chunks remain. Measure and whisk in the remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together so a smooth batter forms.
- Using a large spoon scoop the batter into the muffin liners so they are about 3/4 of the way full. Optional to sprinkle with shredded coconut or nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. Will store for 4-5 days and are best served warm with a nice bottle of kombucha!
Photos & Recipe by Amita Massey - be sure to give her a follow!